Mission & Values
Remaining humble, kind, and true to the entrepreneurial spirit, we see success as a disciplined team sport. In order to win, we need to work hard together, fighting shoulder to shoulder with everyone in our community. We understand the journey is part of the reward and expect the same disciplined drive from our portfolio companies to our Limited Partners and beyond. Our mission is to support the most robust and aggressive security solutions for the enterprise because when our companies win, everyone wins, making the world a more secure place for all.
To succeed as a Mentorship Fund, we build the bridge between up-and-coming entrepreneurs and the enterprises that they serve by working within an ecosystem of the best. We leverage a focused community-centered approach, working with the most impactful Chief Information Security Officers, leading technologists, seasoned entrepreneurs, and successful executives. Further, by partnering with domain relevant and leading VCs/Angels/Investors, Cyber Mentorship Fund is better positioned to drive growth while our portfolio companies are building a coalition they can trust.
Cyber Mentor Fund bets money, aggressive effort, and our community on entrepreneurs to help solve complex problems in cyber security. By supporting these entrepreneurs and their emerging novel technologies, we are pushing the limits of cyber security solutions.
What We Do
CMF dedicates money, time, and expertise to support the next-generation of cyber security leaders.
CMF’s network of experts and Fellow Founder’s industry prowess provides exclusive access for both LPs and our portfolio. By prioritizing an intimate community-centered relationship within the fund, we are able to better influence and provide cutting edge solutions to everyone involved.
CMF works fast to help our portfolio grow. The synergy between CMF’s strong community of early adopters and our specialized focus at the seed stage allows for the largest impact to the industry and the future of cyber security.
CMF Catapult Program
We believe the most impactful growth comes from a frictionless playing field. The CMF Catapult Program strives to reduce the friction points through insight, access, mentoring, and being teammates in the fight. The bad guys move fast, but we want the good guys to move faster.
Our Catapult Program uniquely offers hands-on support, exclusive partnerships, and expertise to entrepreneurs, helping their startups jump through the early-stage minefield of going to market. The program is designed to catapult start-ups to the next stage of business development with a three phase approach: Ready, Aim, Launch
In phase one, we help to identify an initial concept’s product market fit:
- Identify product positioning, architecture, differentiations
- Build product validation strategies, gaining feedback from leading early adopters
- Support extensive competitive analysis
- Help align demo with the positioning strategy
- Define early stage pricing and financial model
In phase 2, we apply an intensive GTM validation process with the support of our network of experts and early adopters:
- Define proper sales strategies, sales channels, channel partners
- Identify start-up’s key market segment and solidify a focused product marketing strategy
- Introduce start-up to the proper ecosystem of partners and allies aligned to support and test product
- Support creation of financing plans and future fundraising models
- Identify path forward into adjacent opportunities
In phase 3, we put a team together to drive the accelerated go-to-market efforts:
- Leverage CMF community of industry experts and thought leaders to publicly validate product and market need
- Support partnership announcement and key integrations through joint blogs, webinars, video testimonials
- Build thought leadership, corporate marketing, and product focused collateral including blogs, whitepapers, and datasheets
- Participate in CMF virtual and public facing events at leading cybersecurity conferences and within CMF Misfit Panel discussions
Automated Alert Triage with Kognos
With Kognos’ Automated Alert Triage, security teams no longer have to choose between lower false positives and lower false negatives, they get both. Even with the increase in endpoints produced within the distributed workforce.
Integrating with Leading Endpoint Security Products – SecurityAdvisor
By integrating with leading endpoint security technology, SecurityAdvisor is able to provide just-in-time security awareness training to end users the moment an incident occurs.
Mark Weatherford Explains the Power of Relationships with Kognos
Leveraging the power of relationships to autonomously investigate attack campaigns.
Cyber Mentor Fund takes pride in the entrepreneurial experience because that is who we are. As Fellow Founders, we have gained industry knowledge through high-level experiences. Through founding cyber security companies and mentoring other start-ups, we have experienced and identified the inefficiency of bringing cyber security start-ups to market and built a unique growth roadmap to overcome those inefficiencies. Our roadmap is the foundation of a disciplined, insightful, and hardcore investment and mentorship model.
Strong Investment History
CMF Fellow Founder’s collective investment:
- 20+ cyber security companies
- 40+ private companies
Successful Investment Exits
- We have guided multiple cyber security companies to successful liquidity events.
- CMF Fellow Founders know what sells, what will likely be an exit, and what will not.
Prolific Seed Investors
CMF has invaluable knowledge into market dynamics and need-based learnings on what the next generation of cyber security solutions will address.
CMF Network of Advisors
- Cyber Security Founders
- Corporate Execs – CISOs, CIOs, CTOs
- Industry Leaders
- Cyber Investors
- Tech Experts
Fellow Founder’s Deep Cyber Knowledge
- Active investors, advisors, and executives in the industry.
- We have a robust, constant inbound pipeline of cyber security startups.